Wednesday, November 19, 2008

But, everyone else is doing it....



So I know some of you will think I am crazy, and the crazy ones will think its cool. Carolina and I put up our tree last night. She has almost all of her shopping done already, and I have started mine, all the stores are decorated and Cheryl has all of her trees up. So it seemed not too insane to put mine up. Now this is Carolina and I's first full size, real deal Christmas tree. It was a really cool experience and it really had me looking at our situation. It made me realize that we are building a life together!! It is a very eye opening realization when you realize you are no longer "dating." We have moved into a more mature relationship where selfishness has no place. I dont know, it just really had me thinking last night. Funny what a little thing like a Christmas tree will do. I must say that I am very lucky to be where I am with who I am.

While we put up the tree, I made Carolina watch UNC dismantle Kentucky in basketball. Its good to see basketball season again, despite its forshadowing of the end of football. One of the things I love about it is that when it ends, it will be Spring. And that is one of my favorite times of year in North Carolina. I just got an idea about a new blog......stay tuned!!

2 comments:

LaFever's said...

Love the tree, it looks very nice! Knowing someone loves you enough to spend the rest of their life with you is...there is no words...Having someone you love is even better!

GO BUCKS!!!

OH, can't wait til you see our tree in the basement, well you have to wait...about 2 more weeks ;)

Unknown said...

The tree looks awesome Steve! Ilove it!! Yes, it's kind of awe-inspifing to me that Carolina is building a life with you too...lol. Just kidding, you're one of the best ten guys on the face of the Earth!! Love you!!