Tuesday, January 27, 2009

30

Well, as you all know, today is my birthday. It is my 30th birthday to be exact, and I am terrified. Yup, me, Mr. Laidback. It just has me thinking so much about my life, what I have done with it and what I am going to do with it. The song by Tim Mcgraw "My Next 30 Years" is really hitting home. Read this and you will understand :


I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here

In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here ,In my next thirty years

In my next thirty years








But Tim's song isnt complete, it needs more detail. So I decided to blog today, and list all the things I want to do in my next 30 years. Here goes....




In my next 30 years I want to:


Be a better son to God
be a better son, brother and friend
Be a geat husband
be a great father
be more motivated
follow my dreams without fear
become a fireman
see more of the world
do missions work and help the less fortunate
learn to surf
skydive
go to an Ohio State - Michigan game, and a Carolina - Duke game
learn to speak Spanish FLUENTLY
give more hugs
stay in better touch with people
save more money
be more organized
go to the doctor and dentist more
stay alive......




5 comments:

LaFever's said...

Welcome to your 30's!!! I'm kinda new to it too!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Anyways it really is not that bad...and with the goals you have set for yourself...wow you have tons to look forward to! So here's to you and your next 30 years...
Happy 30th Steve!!

Unknown said...

Hey Sweetie! Happy Birthday! You are already a great brother to me...can't speak for Bobby, Jon or Trey! I really look forward to watching you grow over the next thirty years as a child of Christ and a man! You made your choice carefully...you'll be an awesome husband and always remember to look to God for advice on being a father...in particular I've been seeing some valuable parenting lessons in Exodus lately! Children are a lot like the Isrealites! lol...anyway, i hope you have an awesome day and I so wish we could be there for your party Saturday. LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the thirties aren't so bad - you're lucky like me to be younger than most everyone around you. It helps! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Steve, 30 may seem old but it isn't. How old do you feel? I still feel like a teenager. Cheryl will tell you that i'm not though. If you are walking with the Lord, you life will be more than you could ever imagine. Good or bad, He is with you always and will help you with anything. No matter what happens, He is the only one that will be with you through it all. Read the bible, get into a men's group and attend church. You won't believe just how much you will grow and how you look at life differently. You're a great brother and friend. You're still young even if you don't think so. Hey, take a look at me. I am an old man and was in junior high school when you were born. I am so blessed to have your sister as my wife and that could only have come from the Lord. You know how I feel because of Carolina. Not sure if either one of us deserve to have them. Then, there are does when we ask ourselves, what did we do to deserve this, if you know what I mean. Just kidding though. Love ya brother.

Anonymous said...

OK brother, come on now. You can't tell me that nothing has happened the last three weeks and that you don't have time to put some kind of an update on here. Are you going to school? If so, how is it going? How are your workouts? Are you still going to the gym?

Love ya brother.