Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here I am!!

I just liked this picture of her.....this is one of the first pics with the new camera.....


I am here to officially blog!! Yes ladies and gentlemen, I know it has been a while and some of you have been eagerly anticipating the next segment in Steve's Life - The Blog. So, without further delay, this is it. You will be caught up from Christmas to today (which was a huge day.)

So Christmas came, it was awesome, it left and never looked back. Isn't that always the way it is. We love you Christmas, we prepare for you and celebrate you and bake you cookies. All you do is wave as you pass bye and throw us some presents to distract us as you sneak out the back door. Ahh, who am I kidding, I love you. You were especially good to me this year. I had a "Gadget Guy Christmas" that will extend on into my birthday thanks to Mom and James. I will start with what you see, my camera. Carolina got me a new camera!!! I am now snapping pictures left and right with a Canon Powershot SX110 Is. It is an awesome camera. 9 Megapixels with 10x optical zoom (up to 40x, but with lower resolution.) Dad and Anne got me a toy I have yet to stop playing with also, a GPS for my car. Now I have tricked this thing out with all kinds of vehicles thanks to Garmin. I am currently setting sail on the map with the Black Pearl, mate. I even use this thing to get places I already know how to get to, sad. And for a combined Christmas / Birthday present, Mom and James got me a PS3. Obviously, my thumbs have gotten a workout. Now I will say I haven't gotten to play as much as I want, life just kind of gets in the way of my slacking off. Christmas overall was just awesome. I didnt have to work like I thought I would, I got to spend good quality time with my family. Nothing like champagne at breakfast, paw paw! New Years was pretty cool too. Brought in the New Year with Carolina and some of her friends, so you know we brought in the New Year LATIN STYLE!! It was REALLY cool. Hispanic people are just awesome to be around in a FIESTA atmosphere. They are so loving and joyous. Grown men I had never met before were giving me bear hugs saying
"Feliz Ano Nuevo!!" Hope everyone's 2008 was awesome, and youre 2009 is blessed!
Now onto today.......the car situation. Carolina's car had to go BACK to the shop this morning. It seemed to be slipping to the point where Carolina did not think she could get home from work, let alone drive to school, Columbia, clinicals....etc. "Just let her use your car" you say?? Sure lets just see how much hers will cost to get is fixed.....what? 1600? Well if you add that to the 600 we just put in it a month ago, thats 2200 dollars......yeah, we thought so too. So it was off to get a new car. Before we found out the death sentence for Tighty Whitey (Carolina's car's name) Carolina had actually laid the ground work for the new car by doing a little internet research, talking to a couple dealers, etc... We decided to stick with Hyundai because they have been good to us, and they are reasonable cars. If you haven't been in a Hyundai lately, check em out. Like Virginia Slims, theyve come a long way baby. So initially she thought about getting another Accent, since she liked hers so much. But after much thought and prayer, she came to the decision that this time around (her ex husband picked out and bought her last car,) she wanted to get somthing she liked, somthing she wanted, and somthing that would be functional for lifes little changes in the future (meaning children.) I know, came as a shock to me too. She always wanted an SUV, wanted black or red, and wanted to stay around a 300 per month payment. Well, she got all that in a 2008 Hyundai Tucson. Now we have a Tucson and an Elantra. We are a Hyundai family!!


So thats all for now, hope you enjoyed. I will get busy on here. I apologize for my lack of effort lately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO wonderful to see you again. Carolina does look beautiful in that pic - great pic steve. The new suv looks awesome, i'm almost jealous (the only thing that stops me is $300/month lol). it was nice to see pics of mom and dad and anne too! keep them coming! i love you!!