Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Week






So I had a rough start to my week. I was hit with the stomach virus that has been going around the North Carolina Piedmont region. Sunday night I got home and started feeling bad. "Why dont you go to the bathroom and try to throw up?" Carolina says. "Because I dont want to throw up!" I replied. Well, want in one hand and.....lets not go there. I was sick as a dog. Carolina had never heard a Schley guy throw up before, so she was in for a looooong sleepless night. When we Schley guys do our business, WE DO OUR BUSINESS. It aaaaall comes out, like it or not. i puked so hard, I burst a blood vessel in my right eye. So I was up and down, up and down, back and forth to the bathroom all night. I was so cold and shaking so badly, it was just awful. I really felt bad for Carolina because she did not get a wink of sleep all night thanks to me. Monday was better. No throwing up, however I was still making a path in the carpet to the bathroom all day. My body was achey, I slept most of the day and Carolina was awesome. Bought me Sprite, made me eat soup, made me take immodium and pretty much took care of me. Usually she treats me like Nurse Carolina, but since she and I had a discussion about this, she still took care of me, but in less of a harsh "do what i say" manner. So then Monday night came and MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL where there was a HUGE matchup between our Panthers of Carolina and the Butt Pirates (Buccaneers) of Tampa Bay. AWESOME GAME!!! Panthers won big and won 1st place in the NFC South. Now if they just win the rest of thier games they have a 1st round bye and home field through the playoffs.






On Wednesday, Carolina, Mom and I went to Biltmore House in Asheville to see it all done up for Christmas. I had never been to Biltmore, it was AMAZING. That house is freakin' HUGE! There is no reason to have a house that big. But since it's there.... It was beautiful and worth going back to see again. Mom paid for our admission, so I bought our breakfast on the way there, and Carolina paid for our lunch. Also, for only 25 dollars you could purchase a one year pass to Biltmore, so Carolina and I will be going back. It gets you a lot, free general admission to the house, the winery, and all of the grounds. It gets you two free passes for guests during a certain time period, and discounts on all other tickets. Discounts in the gift shops, discounts on pretty much everything. Ok, enough. You get the idea.



So other than that, Carolina is done with school for the semester and it is awesome to think of the time I am going to get to spend with her until January. I love spending time with her more than anything. She is going to pick up hours here and there, but nothing crazy.


Work has gotten.......less stressful, but still stressful. Layoff fear has subsided, however they are really hammering sales like never before. I am not the most stellar of salespeople, so it creates friction. I dont know why I am so opposed to selling, it just gives me an awful feeling in my soul. I LOVE people and talking to them, but when it comes time to start selling to them, I just feel slimy and "used car salesman." I feel like I am taking all of that conversation and trust building I just made with them and saying "I was just buttering you up so youd buy insurance from me." Enough of that too.






Well thats enough for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, I am thankful that you are feeling better and that Carolina was there to take care of you. Isn't it great to have a wonderful woman who will put up with us and take care of us when we're sick? Make sure you take real good care of her. Woman like that aren't easy to come by. I had to go through a lot to find your sister. It was worth every bit of it to and I would do it again. You will have to tell me about the house the next time you're up. Take care and love ya,
Jon

Unknown said...

Hey Stejie, just dropped by to comment. I too am glad you're feeling better and I'm totally jealous that you went to Biltmore. I love you!!!