Saturday, October 25, 2008

Anticipation.......

Scarlet and Grey are my primary colors. The knot in my stomach chokes any appetite I had leading up to the game. I pace and swing my foot with nervous energy. A necklace of worthless nuts hangs from my neck. Kickoff approaches, and so does my worry. I worry because every game they play has national ranking and national title implications. This is being a Buckeye. This IS Ohio State Football.

We are the most intense, supportive, biased and hungry fans in the nation. We are loyal, we are under rated and under appreciated. We speak out own language (OH-......) We fly flags in our yard, we put stickers on our car, we dress our 3 month old children in buckeye gear, we know legend as one name.....Woody. We don't give a damn for an entire state. We think, no, we KNOW we have T.B.D.B.I.T.L. We eat at restaurants just to see a Heisman Trophy and to support the Buckeyes who own it or have thier name on it. We are hated by the entire country and LOVE it. We can go anywhere in the world and see a red hat and a grey O and strike up a conversation. We remember our grandparents cheering them on. We have been or want to be one of 105,000+ WE ARE OHIO STATE FOOTBALL!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...I-O!!!!!! Go Bucks! Love you!!