Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Elephonkey

Let me just say, for the record, that even after sitting through a 2 hour debate tonight, the Vice Presidential and Presidential debates previously, reading and watching more coverage than I care to remember, and much independent thought, I AM STILL UNDECIDED.

Initially I thought that maybe it was the usual strategic positioning of the middle by each candidate, however tonight's debate put that to rest. They agreed on miniscule points of greater issues, issues that they couldn't be farther apart on. So, now I am left to wonder, is it me? Am I a fence rider? I never thought I was before. I am a registered Republican and have usually voted a 75% or so Republican ticket. But as I am getting older, and I hope more wise, I find myself leaning closer the the middle.

Im an Elephonkey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you Steve. I don't really like Obama and I will not vote for him on pricipal. My problem is that I can't really bring myself to vote for McCain either? Help me think of a really good write in!! I have been a die hard voter as long as I've been old enough and I'm seriously considering NOT VOTING this year. I don't like either of the yea hoos they picked to run...I want another choice! The only thing that comforts me is that essentially the president is powerless. He has the power of veto, and that's about it! Love you!!

LaFever's said...

Hey you~
Glad to see you and the future Mrs have joined!!! Oh and Congrats to the both of you!!! Looking forward to hearing about what is going on in NC!!!!